What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is paying attention, non-judgementally, to present moment experiences with open curiosity and a willingness to be with what is.*
The techniques are simple to do and can be easily integrated into daily activities.
The benefits of a regular practice include:
- Keeping your mind from being lost in the past or future
- Counteracting automaticity
- Having greater joy in your relationships
- Experiencing a calmer, happier mind
- Improving immune function
- Reducing stress and its negative consequences
- Increasing the ability to focus and be more creative
- Participating in daily life with a greater quality of attention and enjoyment
*Source: Diana Wilson, Director of Mindful Education at UCLA’s Mindful Awareness Research Center